Thursday, January 26, 2012

26 Jan 2012 Australia Day

Been such a long time again since i've updated. Sorry if I repeat myself, but I'll try not to forget anything.

-She now has eight teeth. (four top, four bottom).
-Last night she slept 11 hours straight. 11 hours! Straight!
-She is desperately trying to say "milk". Kind of comes out as "meh", but is accompanied by the milk sign, so we know what she means.
-She pretty clearly says "bath time" along with the sign.
-Also says "butt rag", which i'm trying to change to "nappy"! She will often bring me a nappy when her butt needs changing, along with the words "butt rag". Turns out she listens to everything we say!
-Makes a noise/words that I know mean "where's Bisbee?" (the dog).
- signs include (in order they've been learned) bath, baby, hot, cold, and today we worked on kangaroo.
- She is walking/running everywhere. At speed. I'm thinking we need to get her one of those harness things (which, of course, I always swore we'd never do).
-Her hair is getting longer and curlier by the day. I love it.

She's booked into daycare 2 days a week - mon and tues. We're going in for 2 hours next Monday, then she officially starts the following week. I hate putting her in there, but we need both of us to have some work and hubby isn't getting a great income just now, so I need to do some casual stuff. I have no permanent job, but hoping for casual. Just a shame I'll have no idea which days I'm doing often until that morning, but that's the way the business goes. Hopefully after a few months of casual something more permanent will come up.

The move has really knocked me for six. I've been having lots of low days, with the anxiety creeping back in. Keeping up the St John's Wort, and have been to the doc for blood tests to assess iron again. Follow up appointment next week, so hoping he has some solutions for me. I've been exercising every day, hoping that helps. I've signed up for the 12wbt (www.12wbt.com) and bought a heart rate monitor, which is actually quite fun. Last week I went walking twice with other 12wbt local women, and on Monday night I did a local exercise class on the village green with some lovely women. Goal is to get down from this 75kg and hit 60kg. So far, no joy, but the 12wbt officially starts mid feb, so hopefully my mindset will be better by then and I can hit the goal.

So that's it, I think. Chicken Little ("Monkey" seems to have taken a backseat lately, with Chicken Little being my new pet term!) is gorgeous and perfect and cheeky. She smiles and signs and talks and tells us what she wants and throws little tantrums. She brushed the dog's hair (when the dogs let her) and gives her teddies endless cuddles. What on earth did I do before she came along?!

No comments:

Post a Comment