Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Been quite some time since I've posted, as it's been a crazy few weeks.
In a nutshell:
- we moved interstate.
- I said goodbye to my beautiful friends (hopefully more like a "see you later", though)
- moved into our spectacular new (to us) renovated house. Love, love, love it. Especially my awesome Ikea kitchen.
- Bubs started walking properly. It happened just before Christmas - about the 22nd, just before we moved during dinner at a friends' house. She walked the length of their house, unaided and unprompted towards her grandma. Within the week she has started to walk long, long distances and trying to run. And is therefore covered in bruises.
- She says "hat". All. The. Time.
- she says "uh ah" and shakes her hand side to side when she sees any dog. This was taught to her for when our dog moves back home (as soon as the fence is done) as ours likes to jump.
- She is signing "milk", "more", "food", "finished" and is trying to sign "bath".
- She can just about properly say "Elmo". Can also say "dada", "mama", and is trying to say everything else she hears. "Bathtime" has a certain grunty ring to it so I know that's what she's trying to say. "Hat" is absolutely the favourite.
- Plenty of pointing. Mostly to point and call things "hat" but she's curious and I love it.
- I've struggled a little with the move. Husband and I had food poisoning Christmas night which was a hard start to this new life. We're off to Church tomorrow to see if that helps with worming our way into this community. It's a tight knit community and I love how friendly everyone is, but I crave a friend. Or two.
- My new (to us) car is awesome. Love it (though not as much as the kitchen).

That's it, I think.

2011 has been a challenging one, and I've also developed some beautiful friendships that I really hope I can maintain long distance.  Our mothers group babies and their mums have been my lifeline this year and I hope I can find similar in 2012. Husband and I have had our ups and downs, but are stronger for it all. Selling the house, a baby who still wakes each night as a toddler, working away on one income - it's all been challenging, but I love him all the more for how he copes with it all and helps ground me.

Here's wishing everyone out there a positive 2012. May the universe return to you all you have put out there and bless you in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment